Request a Free Consultation
Call Today 614.467.8474
Why Choose Schottenstein Law Offices? Experienced, Compassionate, and Aggressive Representation

Columbus Slip & Fall Attorney

Aggressively Fighting for Victims of Slip & Fall Accidents

Slips and falls are embarrassing, but they can also lead to serious injury. The National Floor Safety Institute claims that 21.3% of all emergency room visits are related to a slip and fall accident. About 5% of these falls result in a bone fracture and around 60% of these incidents happen on the ground level, with the other 40% occurring when a person suffers falling from a higher elevation.

If you are the victim of a slip and fall accident, you can seek compensation from the party responsible. Call (614) 467-8474 to discuss your case with our Columbus personal injury attorney.

Who Is Responsible for Your Slip & Fall Accident?

If you were at work when you slipped and fell, you may be able to hold your company responsible. Slip and fall incidents are the leading cause of workers’ compensation claims across the U.S.

If your accident happened at an establishment such as a restaurant, shopping mall, or grocery store, you may be able to hold the proprietor accountable. Property owners should be aware of any trip or slip hazards on their property and take steps to remove them.

Common Slip & Fall Injuries

Slip and fall accidents can result in:

  • Broken limbs
  • Head injuries
  • Spine fractures
  • Severe bruising
  • Muscle tears
  • Brain damage
  • Paralysis
  • Wrongful death

Broken hips are the most frequent and the most deadly slip and fall injury. Elderly men and women who suffer this diagnosis may deal with additional health problems as a result. One in every three men and women over 65 will experience a fall in the U.S. this year. Over 50% of these victims are repeat fallers.

The Causes of Slip & Fall Accidents

Many people trip, slip, and fall because of:

  • Uneven carpet
  • Obstacles left in walkways
  • Cracks in pavement
  • Uneven stairs or a lack of a hand rail
  • Slippery floors
  • Puddles or moisture on the ground
  • Ice on walkways
  • Exposed cords in walkways

Any wet floors should be marked with clearly visible signs and business owners should maintain their property by repairing any tears in carpet or cracks in their flooring.

Schottenstien Law Offices responds to calls the same day. Dial (614) 467-8474 to reach our Columbus personal injury attorney to schedule your free consultation.

Contact Us Today!

For Diligent and Immediate Counsel
    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.